We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
As the Director, Strategic Finance, you will be responsible for a wide range of strategic finance activities including fundraising, investor relationships, strategic planning and M&A. You will develop a deep understanding of our business and operating model in order to communicate our performance and plans, both inside the firm and externally. Additionally, you will support senior management and business unit leaders through producing financial analysis supporting our overall corporate strategy and performance goals. You'll have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and will build relationships across the firm and with key external parties.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Company and consistently update and improve all financial and investor communication - including our Company teaser, Company overview presentation and investor materials
- Analyze data and partner across the organization to prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reporting deliverables, including investor update materials, Board materials, conference call scripts, Q&A, and any other supplemental materials
- Participate in meetings and calls with the Executive team, Finance Team and investors to discuss the Company’s financial performance and strategy
- Assist in the fundraising process, including creating and managing investor materials and responses to due diligence requests; track details of communication with existing and prospective investors
- Evaluate M&A and investment opportunities (both inbound and externally sourced) across our product vertical and beyond, including evaluation, financing and structuring
- Monitor industry developments, market trends and valuation and activity of publicly traded and private comparable companies
- 6+ years of functional experience in a corporate finance, investment banking or at a fast-paced startup
- BA / BS degree; major in finance, economics, accounting or mathematics preferred
- Ability to convey strategic and financial messages in written materials, presentations, financial models and data analysis
- You have excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Leadership minded, with ability to adapt to dynamic, quick-pace environment
- Ability to think creatively on a macro and micro level
- Passionate about blending technology and finance
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.