Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $1.5 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
As the Director, Strategic Finance and Investor Relations, you will be responsible for a wide range of strategic finance activities from helping us raise our next round of funding and developing relationships with investors to participating in strategic planning and M&A activities. You will be a key leader in building and driving our overall fundraising strategy, including developing Better’s investment positioning within the tech landscape and driving execution against fundraising goals. You will develop a deep understanding of our business and operating model in order to communicate our performance and plans, both inside the firm and externally. You'll have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and will build relationships across the firm and with investors.
- Conceive and implement a holistic fundraising plan, including industry positioning, investor targeting, banker engagement, and market execution , to meet the company’s long-term objectives
- Reimagine and consistently update our financial and investor communications and materials
- Develop relationships with existing and prospective investors, track details of communications, and manage responses to due diligence requests
- Analyze data and partner across the organization to prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reporting deliverables, including investor update materials, Board materials, conference call scripts, Q&A, and any other supplemental materials
- Participate in meetings and calls with the Executive team, Finance Team and investors to discuss the Company’s financial performance and strategy
- Evaluate M&A and investment opportunities (both inbound and externally sourced) across our product vertical and beyond, including evaluation, financing and structuring
- Monitor industry developments, market trends and valuation and activity of publicly traded and private comparable companies
- 8+ years of functional experience in a corporate finance, investment banking or a fast-paced startup
- BA / BS degree; major in finance, economics, accounting or mathematics preferred
- Ability to convey strategic and financial messages in written materials, presentations, financial models and data analysis
- You have excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Knowledge of the technology financing landscape
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Leadership minded, with ability to adapt to dynamic, quick-pace environment
- Ability to think creatively on a macro and micro level
- Passionate about blending technology and finance
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.