How is better.com Better?
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We funded over $692 million in home loans last month
- Over $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s 2020 Best Places to Work in Financial Services
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn and we’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Beyond producing high quality loans, our goal is to build a product that will ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America. With offices in New York, California, Charlotte, and Gurgaon, we are quickly expanding in order to deliver a delightful borrower experience through a combination of technology and people. In joining our team, you will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team and you will play a critical role in delivering on the Better mission.
As a Customer Experience Associate (CEA), you will be responsible for prompt and professional response to incoming customer inquiries via phone, email, chat and text. You are the first point of contact to help our customers answer complex questions about the process, and provide solutions to any issues that may arise. Our CEAs are expected to be empathetic and compassionate, constantly providing a best in class experience. Finally, in this role, you will be able to expand your knowledge not only in the mortgage industry, but also in various strategies to provide great customer experience.
Note: This role may require some weekend availability.
Responsibilities will include:
- Engaging with warm leads via phone, email, text
- Working with Loan Consultants to build a pipeline of customers
- Guiding pre-approved borrowers through the initial application process and home buying experience
- Maximizing conversion of the leads provided to you and utilizing our dynamic loan platform to qualify potential customers
- Providing the best customer experience possible. We take the term “sales” lightly as we deliver a much more consultative approach
- Desire to help each consumer with the most important financial transaction of their life
- Ability to think critically and problem solve complex scenarios
- Enthusiastic about ensuring a great consumer experience
- Self-motivated, competitive against your own personal goals
- A go-getter, scrappy & creative thinker
- High degree of personal integrity and work ethic
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Desire to crush it