Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $1.5 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #13 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Through the combined efforts of recruiting, human resources, and office management, the People team works to create and foster a positive and productive employee experience. We take ownership of everything from the smallest details - like keeping the right snacks in stock - to the largest projects - such as structuring performance management to make sure that every member of the team feels supported, positively challenged, and able to thrive at Better. We have fun, love what we do, and care deeply about building a Better workplace.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven and resourceful Senior Manager, Talent Strategy Business Partner (HRBP) to support our rapidly evolving organization. In conjunction with business clients, stakeholders and speciality Talent (HR) groups, this individual will serve as on the ground and strategic HR support. This individual will advise on all matters relating to talent, including organization and leader effectiveness, organizational design, headcount management and support, learning needs/opportunities and conflict resolution.
- Lead the Talent Strategy Business Partner (HRBP) function for a specific client group within the organization, including the oversight of direct reports
- Establish and lead ongoing relationships with senior leadership, consistently ensuring outstanding customer focus
- Leverage partnerships and business acumen to deliver best-in-class (HR) support to internal client group
- Drive the creation and implementation of Talent (HR) strategies in alignment with client business priorities and goals, including but not limited to growth, organizational design, workforce planning, retention and succession, executive coaching
- Partner with client and speciality groups across Talent (people) to run all key people processes (OKR setting, learning and leadership development, talent calibrations, performance management, compensation and analytics, etc).
- Ability to operate in fast-paced, hyper-growth environments
- Comfortable with ambiguity, takes initiative to with little to no direction
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- High personal integrity and ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- 7+ years of HR/Leadership experience
- 3+ years specific to HRBP
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.