We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better.com’s marketing team eagerly focuses on figuring out how to grow and convert our customer base as they go through the complicated, scary and expensive journey to home ownership. Our Email Operations Manager will be tasked with leveraging email, SMS, content, and other tools to meet prospective borrowers where they are, break down what it means to work with Better.com, and encourage customers to ultimately choose us for their home finance needs. We are looking for a talented email marketer and platform expert to execute marketing communications, specifically leveraging Customer.io. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of email marketing best practices, will be self-motivated, and have a strong sense of personal accountability.
You will own the daily email operations of the marketing org to ensure that campaigns are completed and deployed on time, in addition to building out our newsletter program. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining email templates in addition to developing a rigorous QA process to ensure all campaigns are accurate. You will collaborate with cross company stakeholders on shared deliverables and timelines, including partners in sales, product marketing, design, acquisition. You will be responsible for the coordination, execution and analysis of all email campaigns and newsletters.
- You have at least 2-4 years of relevant marketing experience, including familiarity with CRM and hands on experience with marketing technologies
- You have spent at least 2 years working with Customer.io, Sendgrid, Braze, or Sailthru
- You have strong proficiency with HTML/CSS.
- You are an excellent communicator with strong verbal and written skills
- You are extremely organized and detail oriented.
- You have empathy for customers and your peers, and are excited to work collaboratively on behalf of our borrowers.
- You are a curious person who is excited to learn about a new industry.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.