We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
As the Insurance Busines Operations Manager, you will be responsible for a wide range of strategic initiatives including roadmapping, market strategy, and projects to help grow the insurance business offerings by partnering with teams across the company. You'll have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and will build relationships across the firm and with key external parties.
Responsibilities will include:
- Define Better Insurance sales and operations roadmap in partnership with our GM, through deep research, customer interviews, and understanding of business goal
- Ideate, launch, and track new processes while collaborating with many teams along the way
- Contribute to scoping and building out Better Insurance’s tech stack and user experience
- Help define the user journey and customer communication touchpoints for Better Insurance alongside Better.com operations teams and insurance partners
- Partner closely with functional teams to refine how we position our product in the market and discover new opportunity spaces
- Define OKRs, track progress, and measure the impact of the team’s efforts against business goals
- Use data to discover and justify investments as well as to analyze their impact
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders, upstream with executives and downstream with operators and end users
- 4+ YOE in banking, consulting, industry or insurtech (insurance subject matter expertise preferable)
- SQL and financial modeling experience preferable
- Expert communication, presentation, and material preparation skills required
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.