We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey.
A Better opportunity
Capital Markets is Better’s primary revenue generator, with oversight of pricing, trading, hedging, financing, servicing and securitization. The team has perspective across all company functions and is deeply involved in strategic decision making. As a Sales Analyst on the Secondary Markets team, you will be interfacing and communicating with our investors, nurturing relationships, and ultimately improving execution on various Capital Markets initiatives. From start to finish, you will work closely with the Secondary Markets Director to vet out potential opportunities and prioritize accordingly. On a daily basis you can expect to:
- Work closely with the Director of Secondary Markets to identify and carry-out various opportunities to improve execution both with existing and potential investors
- Learn the different facets and nuances of mortgage origination and how that translates to customer execution
- Grow existing investor base using knowledge of ever changing mortgage landscape/market execution to seek out new partners
- Communicate and relay Better’s mission and why we are the future of the mortgage/ homeownership market
- Stay informed of whole loan and agency pool markets to track clearing levels
- Utilize and dissect data to uncover relative value opportunities to the team
- Work cross functionally with other teams such as Partnerships and Financial Products in an effort to maximize all potential projects and create the most comprehensive financial marketplace on Better.com
- Always have your eyes open for opportunities to capitalize on market/customer needs
- Your first thought with generating revenue is, how it can be used to help other potential borrowers achieve their dream of owning a home?
- Proactive by nature with a thirst to understand the mortgage process from start to finish
- Not afraid to pick up the phone and communicate effectively
- Possess a genuine passion for growing relationships with investors and learning about their business needs
- Can manage multiple projects simultaneously with ease and not afraid to ask questions in order to effectively prioritize
- You have existing proficiency in or the ability to quickly learn a database language (SQL) or programming language (Python, R, etc).
- 1 to 3 years of experience in financial markets (fixed income sales/trading preferred)
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness and Proactive. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help if you don’t understand or a message isn’t clear?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.