IT Project Manager
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date..and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking to hire an IT Project Manager to join our IT team. You will be responsible for leading continuous improvement by identifying and remediating cross-functional process gaps.
What You Will Do
- Lead the cross-functional delivery of a range of technology deliverables using advanced negotiation, facilitation, planning and dependency management techniques.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, milestones, deliverables, detailed tasks, and resource requirements from concept creation through implementation.
- Lead sprint planning activities to facilitate entire project lifecycle from beginning to end
- Use Agile project methodologies to drive continuous incremental delivery against roadmap and objectives.
- Collaborate with technical and product teams to break complex multi-disciplinary technology projects into prioritized and properly scoped plans of action.
- Create clear visibility into status and progress within the team and for stakeholders
- Identify and manage cross-team dependencies and risks; define and drive mitigation plans
- Run retrospectives to remediate operational and process gaps
- Assist technology leadership with developing a strategic roadmap
- Lead teams as an agile coach / servant leader
- Advocate for agile principles and help negotiate agreements between teams; facilitate productive communication between teams and among teammates
- Be a champion for Better’s values; advocate for trust, integrity and openness
- Help balance project work with ongoing technical and administrative tasks, particularly to elaborate when process or technology improvements may be warranted.
- Lead continuous improvement by identifying and remediating cross-functional process gaps.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5+ years of relevant IT project management experience.
- Must have Agile delivery experience.
- Must have Jira experience.
- Scrum Alliance CSM / CSP certification or PMI’s Agile Certified Professional (ACP) preferred, SAFe or other scaled agile certifications a plus!
- Selfless, humble, compassionate; you are a relentless optimist in the face of adversity.
- Strategic thinker with strong customer focus.
- Strong analytical and project management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize, track, and deliver results.
- Able to build, manage, and work with multiple teams to achieve defined goals.
- Can communicate effectively to establish cooperative working relationships; able to communicate technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be able to help course correct continuously as new priorities and new information becomes available
- Experience operating in a security sensitive environment preferred.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.