Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $1.5 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Customer experience is not always a top business priority in our industry, but at Better, it is core to our company. We’re building a world-class customer service organization - one that combines highly effective processes and systems with a customer experience that people will rave about. We care deeply about our consumers and are dedicated to building an experience for them.
We are looking for someone to manage a team of Customer Experience Associates. The ideal candidate for this role has a proven track record and passion for creating fantastic customer experiences. Someone who knows what world-class customer service looks like, and who is itching to be the driving force behind an amazing customer success team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage team of 8-10 customer experience associates
- Provide leadership and direction to high-performance CX team
- Actively participate in fast paced hiring efforts
- Coach and uplevel customer experience associates
- Develop creative and innovative ways to improve team performance
- Manage and monitor performance metrics
- 3+ years of experience in a customer-centric role
- 1+ years of management experience
- A proven leader and mentor
- Highly empathetic and customer centric
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Strong bias-to-action, as well as a strong sense of practicality and effectiveness
- Highly adaptable, and able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments
Bonus points for:
- Prior experience working at fast-growing start-up
- Active NMLS license
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.