We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a talented Product Support Specialist in New York City. In this position, you will be providing top-notch support for >1000 users of our internal software and tools. You're a great match if you possess fantastic communication, problem-solving and analytical skills, are driven to help co-workers and have the ability to dive deep into a new product to learn it inside and out.
Depending on acumen and performance, this role can serve as an entry point to the product, QA, or engineering teams.
- Respond to and resolve tickets and questions from internal users
- Provide exceptional service to internal users, excelling in empathy and ownership
- Speak with users about technical issues in a way they can understand
- Collaborate with multiple teams, serving as an escalation point, as well as investigate and troubleshoot various product and third party problems
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, and other teams to ensure resolution of issues
- Escalate repeat issues to our product and engineering teams using pattern recognition and prioritization
- Propose and execute improvements to our process, product, and knowledge base
- Mentor and develop other members of the support team
- Experience with or desire to learn technical basics to partner effectively with Better's engineering team to resolve issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Solutions oriented problem-solving and critical thinking abilities
- Self-starter and excited to work in an ever changing environment
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and good judgement
- Strong interpersonal skills - you care about people and are passionate about helping others!
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.