We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
We are looking for a Marketing Generalist to join our team to oversee all aspects of our marketing strategy - you are the perfect mix of strategic and scrappy - you use research and insights to inform your ideas, but can also react to new concepts and quickly setup tests to successfully reach new and existing customers. You should have a broad set of skills across multiple marketing areas and should be a master in multitasking, collaborating, and executing projects - most importantly you shouldn’t be afraid of getting your hands dirty or problem solving outside of the box.The ideal candidate knows a little bit about a number of marketing channels, including but not limited to SEO, email marketing, direct mail, content marketing, etc. In this role you will be the resource representing the marketing strategy across the org, dedicated to growth, new product offerings, and our experience to ensure that we are meeting our top level business goals while establishing and maintaining our foundational marketing strategy.
You will own the management, measurement, and execution of marketing campaigns in partnership with our channel owners, helping to drive conversion improvements using channels such as email, social, and paid. It will be critical for this person to coordinate and collaborate with all teams including, the sales team, product team, ops team, real estate agent team, and creative team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic marketing plans targeting key audiences, including purchase and refinance borrowers, and real estate agents
- Become an expert on key marketing channels, including content and email to drive the development of an effective cross functional strategy to support our complex journey and multiple diverse audiences
- Create marketing reporting functions and own KPI dashboards used across the organization
- Manage all content creation, website, campaigns, branded, social and more
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders to elevate our nurture marketing strategy
- Collaborate with the performance marketing team on paid acquisition campaigns and ensure content is optimized for SEO and user experience
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop and implement campaign and channel launches for key audiences or products
- Communicate brand strategy and guidelines internally and with third parties to ensure adherence
- Implementation of Market Strategy across the org includes all marketing campaigns, such as email, content, tools, landing pages
- Establish content creation and strategies to connect with our audience
What you bring:
- 5-7 years of experience in a marketing role
- Operate both at a strategic level, leading long-term planning, and at a tactical level, executing upon key deliverables on short timelines
- Ability to work in a highly cross-functional environment to drive stakeholder alignment and scaled communications.
- Organized with the ability to manage multiple projects from inception to completion in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong intellectual curiosity
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.