We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity
Our Accounting and Finance team is hiring for a proactive and motivated Accounting Operations Analyst. This individual will enhance the accounting and control environment by diligently running month end close processes and audits. They will report to an Assistant Controller whose focus is on “big picture” operations analyses, system improvements and driving enhanced processes. This role offers the unique opportunity to directly impact Better’s revenue streams by applying finance and accounting related findings to our key models. An instrumental hire as the company continues to scale, this individual will be expected to take on more responsibility at a rapid pace.
- Participate in month end closing by taking ownership of certain tasks
- Contribute to financial and internal control audits
- Become a systems and data expert for the Finance and Accounting team
- Provide ad hoc analysis support to business units and key partners for complex data questions
- Partner with Data Engineering team to automate routine analysis and reporting in a standardized fashion
What you bring
- A degree in accounting, economics, business, or finance
- 2+ years of experience in accounting firm or department
- Experience working with large data sets, comfort with SQL and expertise with Excel
- Experience with large scale ERP’s
- Project management experience, either internally or with clients