We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
You will be at the frontline (literally) of the office, giving our visitors their first in-person impression of Better. In addition to settling guests—everyone from candidates, investors, VIPs, and more—in our always-neat reception area, your daily tasks will include opening the office, resetting conference rooms, answering the phone, managing delivery handlers and closing the office.
This is a part time opportunity! Receptionists will be working in shifts. Available shifts will be spread out between the hours of 7:00AM - 7PM M-F.
The ideal candidate will be a highly-organized, outgoing communicator, capable of delivering best-in-class service while maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment.
- You have at least one year prior experience in customer service.
- You have excellent communication skills and aren’t afraid to ask questions when you need help.
- You enjoy learning and can quickly get up to speed on any topic.
- You pay attention to detail and are extremely organized, even when things get crazy.
- You think outside of the box in difficult situations: giving up is never an option.
- Works well independently and is able to work in collaborative environments.
- You have a passion for event planning and will work to build a Better culture.
- You will assist in maintaining a safe, clean, and compliant office.
- You understand that small menial tasks are just as important as the bigger initiatives.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.