We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Our mortgage loan operation is the primary driver of Better.com’s revenue, and the Collateral team is a key component of that operation. Made up of four core components (Appraisal, Title, Homeowner’s Insurance, and Project Certification), the Collateral team owns the process of determining if a given property is suitable collateral for the loan in question. The Collateral group has grown 6x in the past year and is not slowing down yet! In support of that growth, the Pipeline Manager will be tasked with improving the team’s infrastructure, efficiency, productivity, and overall scalability. The ideal candidate can easily pair strategic thinking with operational efficiency, constantly pushing for better. A shortlist of responsibilities include:
- Create a systematic way of recording and maintaining SOPs across all Collateral teams.
- Enable robust pricing strategies with vendors.
- Identify operational friction points, propose solutions and project manage solution implementation.
- Be the “canary in the coal mine” for systems that are prone to break under stress. Gather and analyze information to generate action plans for improving such systems.
- Drive alignment on priorities across key business functions (e.g., operations, product, capital markets) through strategic planning
- You are a strong performer with at least 3-5+ years of experience in management consulting at a top-tier firm or business operations at a growth-stage startup
- You bias to action, and bring a strong sense of practicality and effectiveness to your work.
- You have a solid foundation in data analysis and modeling (experience with SQL and Tableau preferred).
- You enjoy getting into the weeds, and would be excited to identify solutions on the individual loan level
- You are a skilled communicator with excellent relationship-building skills and the ability to garner consensus.
- You are highly adaptable, and able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments.
- You are a highly structured thinker with the ability to methodically break down complex issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, computer science or information system is a plus
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.