We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey.
A Better opportunity
Capital Markets is Better’s primary revenue generator, with oversight of pricing, trading, hedging, financing, servicing and securitization. The team has perspective across all company functions and is deeply involved in strategic decision making. By working with Product, Sales, and Marketing, we are creating the most comprehensive financial marketplace on Better.com. As an Analyst on the team, you will be hands on with analytical projects to help improve the pricing and marketplace development work of the Capital Markets function. On a daily basis you can expect to:
- Evaluate Better.com’s execution strategies in order to increase the company’s loan revenue.
- Contribute to the design and development of a system working to align execution in the capital markets with primary origination.
- Research new mortgage product opportunities that will allow us to get more people into homes.
- Optimize mortgage pricing across various lead sources.
- You are a consumer advocate. Each of our loans helps someone realize their dream of homeownership.
- You enjoy solving problems and bring a systems driven approach to every solution.
- You have the versatility and intellectual curiosity to work across functional groups.
- You are extremely attentive to detail and are not afraid to question your own work; you will be responsible for hundreds of millions of dollars daily.
- You have existing proficiency in or the ability to quickly learn a database language (SQL) or programming language (Python, R, etc).
- 0 to 2 years of experience in a quantitative field and/or quantitative degree (finance, economics, math, engineering, etc).
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.