We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey.
A Better opportunity
Capital Markets is Better’s primary revenue generator, with oversight of pricing, trading, hedging, financing, servicing and securitization. The team has perspective across all company functions and is deeply involved in strategic decision making. By working with Product, Sales, and Marketing, we are creating the most comprehensive financial marketplace on Better.com. As the Internal Strategist, your primary responsibilities will be improving the team’s efficiency, productivity, and overall scalability. On a daily basis you can expect to:
- Work directly with our Director of Capital Markets to plan and prepare for a significant increase in monthly loan closings, going from 2k to 10k.
- Identify, research, and implement the systems and tools needed to make the team’s workflow more seamless.
- Develop business plans, including gathering requirements for transformational projects within the Capital Markets organization.
- Advise functional managers within Capital Markets on interdepartmental communications and knowledge management.
- You have a drive for operational excellence, and can identify tools, introduce techniques, and optimize workstreams to enable a team to function at its peak.
- You are organized and incredibly attentive to detail. You can recognize when balls might drop, and take proactive steps to catch them before that happens.
- You are an effective thought partner and can think both practically and creatively.
- You have the versatility and intellectual curiosity to work across functional groups.
- You are comfortable working with quantitative specialists and subject matter experts.
- You have 2 to 4 years of experience in management consulting, or another role working alongside executive leadership to drive operational changes.
- You are a consumer advocate. Each of our loans helps someone realize their dream of homeownership.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.