We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Through the combined efforts of recruiting, human capital, and office experience, the People Operations team works to create and foster a positive and productive employee experience. We take ownership of everything from the smallest details - like keeping the right snacks in stock - to the largest projects, such as structuring performance management, to make sure that every member of the team feels supported, positively challenged, and able to thrive at Better. We have fun, love what we do, and care deeply about building a Better workplace.
At Better we have pledged to hire 5,000 military veterans and our Talent Acquisition team is looking for a Senior Recruiter to join our growing talent practice and recruit military veteran professionals. We believe life experience leads to meaningful work experience and by joining forces with partner organizations, we're enabling those that have served our country to continue their service by providing Americans with a home they love.
We’re in hyper-growth mode so we need someone with the drive and passion to both lead and execute day-in and day-out as well as the eagerness to partner and collaborate with various stakeholders on finding the right talent for their respective organizations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Build, develop and manage military recruiting strategies surrounding veteran and military spouse hiring and cross-functional talent
- Thinking outside of the box to find talent at every opportunity
- Partnering with hiring managers on ensuring a strong candidate experience
- Developing cadence with hiring managers for pipeline and interview process updates
- Translating military experience into professional opportunities and educating the business on ways military talent can uniquely contribute to our mission
Candidate and Veteran experience
- Owning candidate experience -- guiding them through the hiring process
- Relationship building to create a network of highly qualified veteran talent
- Maintain effective collaborative relationships with various military transition assistance programs, military installations and other resource groups that support veterans, military spouses and wounded warriors
- Expert understanding of military skill sets from all branches of the armed forces
- Ability to translate veteran experience to corporate skills
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous environment,developing processes and policies on recruitment strategies from the ground up
- Strong client-service orientation and relationship-building skills; comfort working with various types of people in different contexts
- High belief in Better’s mission and the work we do every day
- Minimum of 4 years of military recruiting experience
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about more equitable homeownership it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.