We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
We’re looking for experienced mortgage loan originators to lead our expansion into the Aloha State as part of our quest to make a Better Mortgage available to all Americans. At Better, our team of loan originators is responsible for more than just originating mortgage loans -- we count on them to help us continually innovate and ensure we’re bringing best-in-class customer service to the mortgage industry. As part of the team, you’ll be on the front lines of making every borrower’s mortgage experience better, empowering them to make one of the most important financial decisions of their life. Your work will expose you to other critical pieces of a technology company, such as product, engineering, and marketing, giving you many opportunities to share customer insights and ultimately improve Better's core technology and message.
Responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a loan originator for your own pipeline of loans.
- Guiding pre-approved borrowers through their home buying process.
- Providing the best customer experience possible. We do not take a “sales” approach.
- Maximizing conversion of the leads provided to you.
- Collaborating with Ops, tech, product, and marketing on ways in which we can improve as the voice of the borrower.
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in residential mortgage sales or processing (Hawaii NMLS license preferred, not required)
- Desire to help each consumer with the most important financial transaction of their life
- Knowledge of agency conventional underwriting products
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently
- High degree of integrity and work ethic
- The desire to crush it
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.