We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a Customer Associate to join our internal insurance agency, Better Cover. You are going to be instrumental in the development of a profitable, national, multi-line insurance entity that we’re building to help get borrowers home.
Specifically, you will be responsible for helping us create and implement an industry leading customer-first experience. You’ll be given a lot of responsibility early on, and your drive, ability to juggle multiple priorities, and high attention to detail will be crucial to your success on this team.
The ideal candidate is an experienced insurance professional and highly organized communicator who consistently makes sound decisions, all while maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment. You will be interacting directly with customers and policyholders via phone, email, and text to ensure they have the best possible experience with Better Cover. We are looking for individuals who build rapport quickly and bring positive “can-do” energy to their work and team.
Are you excited to deliver an awesome experience for our customers? Are you a team-player and a great communicator? Do you want to join a growing team and build the foundation of the best sales organization in insurance? Then we want to talk to you!
Responsibilities will include:
- Talk with Better borrowers and other interested insurance customers on the phone, or via email/text, and help them get the homeowners insurance policy that fits best for them.
- Take a consultative sales approach to ensure that we match customers with the best insurance products for their unique needs
- Contribute to team goals and support onboarding of new team members as needed
- Build and maintain relationships with our insurance partners in order to create the strongest possible integrations with a national network of carriers
- Knowledge of and at least 2+ years of work experience in property and casualty insurance sales
- An active property and casualty agent or broker license
- World class verbal and written communication skills and enthusiasm for sales
- Eagerness to achieve and surpass monthly and quarterly conversion targets
- Knowledge of property and casualty insurance underwriting
- An analytical mindset and spreadsheet. Excel skills are a definite plus.
- A desire to be a part of a team where you can take ownership of your work and Better Cover’s growth!
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.