We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey.
A Better opportunity:
The Learning and Development Team at Better creates, facilitates, and scales learning experiences that ensure all team members have the skills, knowledge, and support to achieve individual and team goals. Our team directly manages everything from our global onboarding program for new hires and our internal training programs to continuing education initiatives for employees and managers. We are dedicated to supporting all employees by building a best-in-class L&D team. Our goals are big, but our team is committed to having fun along the way to building a Better workplace.
We are looking for a Learning and Development Specialist to lead the implementation of multiple large-scale employee learning initiatives. We anticipate that this role will grow in level of responsibility, leadership, and impact as Better and the L&D team continue to scale.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage learning initiatives for new hires and current employees
- Implement and facilitate onboarding and continuing education programs for employees
- Solicit feedback from new hires on trainings and implement revisions as needed
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to oversee all function-specific training
- Design, facilitate new employee learning programs
- Experience in facilitation group learning, teaching, or similar skillset
- Strong growth mindset and willingness to learn
- Motivated and driven by mentoring, teaching, and support others’ growth
- Demonstrates strong follow-through on tasks; can take initiative when they see something that needs to be done
- Ability to work with a variety of people
- Exemplary organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in curriculum design and/or program management is a plus
- The desire to crush it
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.