How is better.com Better?
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We funded over $692 million in home loans last month
- Over $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s 2020 Best Places to Work in Financial Services
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn and we’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
As a Customer Experience Associate (CEA) at Better you are the face of our company; the first point of contact to our customers. You are empathetic and compassionate, prompt and professional. You respond to customer inquiries via phone, email, chat and text to effectively answer complex questions about the mortgage process and provide solutions to any issues that may arise. You are excited to evolve your understanding of the mortgage industry and to gain strong customer service expertise through consistently providing a best in class experience to our borrowers.
Note: This role may require some weekend availability.
Responsibilities will include:
- Engaging with inbound warm leads via phone, email, text
- Working with Loan Consultants to build a pipeline of customers
- Guiding pre-approved borrowers through the initial application process and home buying experience
- Maximizing conversion of the leads provided to you and utilizing our dynamic loan platform to qualify potential customers
- Providing the best customer experience possible. We take the term “sales” lightly as we deliver a much more consultative approach
- Genuine desire to help each consumer with the most important financial transaction of their life; to provide a best-in-class customer experience
- Strong ability to think critically and problem solve complex scenarios
- Self-motivated, competitive against your own personal goals
- A go-getter, scrappy & creative thinker
- High degree of personal integrity and work ethic
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player