Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $1.5 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for Processing Experts to join our team. Our processing team is responsible for doing whatever it takes to help consumers get home better - their job is to make sure the experience is personal and ensure the consumer feels supported. They do this by helping borrowers understand the process and what to expect as they use our product. Throughout the borrowers experience, Processing Experts are also conducting detailed credit analysis of loan applications and managing the collection of all required loan documentation to obtain final credit approval.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized communicator capable of and comfortable making sound decisions while moving quickly to accomplish the goal of the consumer.
Beyond producing high quality loans, our goal is to build a product that will ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America. With offices in New York, Irvine, Oakland, Charlotte and Gurgaon, we are quickly expanding in order to deliver a delightful borrower experience through a combination of technology and people. In joining our team, you will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team and you will play a critical role in delivering on the Better mission.
Responsibilities will include:
- Engage with borrowers to understand their needs/questions.
- Proactively manage a pipeline in a timely, accurate and efficient manner, ensuring promptness in communicating with borrowers.
- Determine creditworthiness of borrowers by calculating qualifying rations, performing analysis of borrower's income and expense data, self-employment documentation, credit reports, and property valuations.
- Verify and analyze all necessary financial information and documentation; ensure that loan files contain all necessary credit and legal documents to satisfy underwriting conditions.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams in Operations (title, valuations, underwriting, closing) to close loans.
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently.
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Approach work with empathy, humility and accountability.
Bonus points for:
- Experience processing FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and Jumbo mortgages
- Knowledge of agency conventional underwriting product guidelines
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.