We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey.
A Better company
It’s hard not to be excited about mortgages when you’re actively upending the conventions of a $13 trillion dollar business that impacts over 200 million Americans.
At Better, we’re building a next-generation mortgage lender from the ground up. Our team combines leading software engineers from tech giants like Google and Spotify with financial talent from firms like Blackstone and Bridgewater, creating a hybrid institution unlike any other.
Rife with antiquated processes, the home finance industry has remained fundamentally unchanged since the 1970s. As we break down the entrenchments that bar so many from the benefits of homeownership, we adhere to three basic principles:
- Humans are better than computers at expressing empathy, understanding individual situations, and creating solutions to help people. Let them.
- Computers are more efficient than humans at working with massive data sets, performing complex calculations, and validating thousands of rules. Use them.
- The rules of the status quo are broken. Change them.
Join our mortgage revolution.
A Better opportunity
We’re putting the mortgage industry on notice. We’re done with the inefficiency, excessive costs, and horrible experience being perpetrated on home buyers.
Following the status quo won’t help us deliver a 1% mortgage experience to the 99%. As Better's Loan Processor Manager, your responsibilities will be wide in scope. You can expect to actively contribute in the following ways:
- Manage team objectives and KPIs throughout production cycles.
- Provide and coach through qualitative and quantitative feedback for direct reports.
- Monitor and develop processing daily cadence as the product continues to improve.
- Serve as first line of defense to diffuse customer escalations to management.
- Support processing team on thorough secondary analysis of applicant's income and expense data, self-employment documentation, credit reports, and property valuations in order to affirm borrower qualifies for loan.
- Verify and analyze all necessary financial information and documentation; ensure that loan files contain all necessary credit and legal documents to satisfy underwriting conditions.
- Calculate qualifying ratios, determine creditworthiness.
Attributes we value
- 3-5+ years of experience processing (or underwriting) FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and Jumbo mortgages
- 2 years of management experience
- Strong understanding of purchase, refi, and jumbo guidelines
- Knowledge of agency conventional underwriting product guidelines
- Familiarity with Desktop Underwriter (DU) & Loan Prospector (LP)
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment