We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey.
Responsibilities will include:
- Guiding our customers through the key required steps to help them fund their mortgage
- Preparing and reviewing required documentation with particular attention to detail
- Working with third parties to ensure a smooth efficient closing for our borrowers
- Coming up with and driving initiatives for how we can improve our customer experience - we value your feedback!
The PERKS of being “Better”:
- Competitive pay and opportunities for bonus
- Free breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Free and low premium medical and dental coverage
- Team outings, happy hours (we love hanging out together!)
- Fitness reimbursements
- Growth opportunities: Your work will expose you to our full company: including our product, engineering, and marketing orgs. You will have the opportunity to share customer insight, improve Better's core technology and build and grow your own career within Better.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 0 - 3+ years of experience (pay and title commensurate with experience)
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
- Empathy for our customers who are making the most important transaction of their financial lives
- Capability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Humility and accountability
- Proficiency in Excel preferred
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion: If you don’t get excited about helping people get into and stay in the home of their dreams then this simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion: You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making: Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.