We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a Senior Compliance Associate with expertise in mortgage origination to join the team. This person will be responsible for monitoring Better’s compliance with applicable regulatory standards. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized and detail-focused thinker capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support and manage complex compliance research projects
- Review and research laws and procedures applicable to the mortgage lending industry
- Assist in the resolution of compliance and operations related issues under close supervision of the Chief Compliance Officer
- Report on compliance matters to senior management and Enterprise Risk Committee as appropriate
- Work with strategic partners and internal stakeholders to facilitate compliance monitoring
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 4+ years of experience in mortgage origination compliance or processing (or underwriting) FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and Jumbo mortgages
- Knowledge of state and federal mortgage origination regulations
- Working knowledge of loan origination systems
- Facility with NMLS licensing system
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and escalate issues appropriately
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.