We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
The Better Partnerships Team is responsible for sourcing and developing strategic partnerships for Better.com. This person will assist with development, negotiation, implementation and oversight of new and existing strategic partnerships.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and manage partner relations including implementation plans, negotiating terms sheets and agreements, coordinating with internal and external stakeholders, and reporting
- Monitoring and troubleshooting partnership performance including SLAs and all other requirements.
- Assisting with Audit, Compliance and Issue identification, tracking, resolution and reporting
- Act as Partnership Team primary point of contact and overseer of Partnership Production Pods
Bonus points for:
- Technology skills such as insight into how systems work, coding, systems design or administration, data structures, machine learning, etc.
- 5+ years of experience or meaningful exposure to mortgage originations and/or mortgage fulfilment
- Experience with contract negotiations with significant economics such as vendor, servicing acquisition, whole loan purchase, financing, securitization or others
- Direct client service and/or relationship management experience for sizeable counterparty/clients
- Experience with and understanding of Mortgage Company, Bank, Financial Advisor and/or Insurance Company regulatory environments
- Calm demeanor in the face of challenging and/or contentious circumstances
- Careful and accurate with details
- A friendly and thoughtful approach to client relationships
- Interested in problem solving and complex structures
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.