We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we’ve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $3B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 36 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we’re not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup and others have invested over $150MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
The Better Partnerships Team is responsible for sourcing and developing strategic partnerships for Better.com. This person will assist with development, negotiation, implementation and oversight of new and existing strategic partnerships.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and manage partner relations including implementation plans, negotiating terms sheets and agreements, coordinating with internal and external stakeholders, and reporting
- Monitoring and troubleshooting partnership performance including SLAs and all other requirements
- Assisting with Audit, Compliance and Issue identification, tracking, resolution and reporting
- Act as Partnership Team primary point of contact and overseer of Partnership Production Pods
Bonus points for:
- Technology skills such as insight into how systems work, coding, systems design or administration, data structures, machine learning, etc.
- 1+ years of experience in investment banking, consulting, M&A, or Mortgage Trading or equivalent experience
- Calm demeanor in the face of challenging and/or contentious circumstances
- Careful and accurate with details
- A friendly and thoughtful approach to client relationships
- Interested in problem solving and complex structures
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.