We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better Opportunity:
We’re building Better.com as a brand from the ground up and we need a copywriter to help us shape and execute it across a range of deliverables. This person will be able to marry our brand voice with creative thinking to drive action and inspire trust.
You’re a fast-moving self-starter who can take an assignment and ladder on strategic thinking based on a problem and the audience. You know when to ask questions and when to own something all the way through.
Projects and deliverables change by the day from emails and landing pages to digital ads, social, print, video, and sales scripts, so you should be just as effective with long and short form writing.
- You have 6+ years of copywriting experience
- You’re already excited by the idea of talking about mortgages all day, every day
- You think strategically about how copy works to drive conversion and business goals
- You know how to build a relationship and brand loyalty through copy
- You’re an expert at explaining complicated products to consumers
- You have integrated experience. You understand how an email should complement a landing page
- You’re good at adapting brand tone to fit difference scenarios
- You’re able to work just as well independently as with an art partner
- You’re a stickler for grammar and punctuation, but know when to relax the rules
- You have a portfolio that shows a range of the above
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.