We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we’ve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $2B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 35 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we’re not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Through the combined efforts of recruiting, human capital, and office experience, the People Operations team works to create and foster a positive and productive employee experience. We take ownership of everything from the smallest details - like keeping the right snacks in stock - to the largest projects, such as structuring performance management, to make sure that every member of the team feels supported, positively challenged, and able to thrive at Better. We have fun, love what we do, and care deeply about building a Better workplace.
We are looking for a Recruiting Coordinator to help our talent acquisition team reach its peak as Better continues growing. In this role, you will engage directly with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate a smooth hiring process and provide an excellent candidate experience. You will develop a deep understanding of the full cycle recruiting process and have the opportunity to take on more responsibility over time as you come to recognize the nuances of building and maintaining great teams. Success in this role requires a high degree of organization, strong communication skills, creative thinking and the ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain organization of our Applicant Tracking System (Greenhouse)
- Manage and monitor all candidate communication; onsite visits and correspondence
- Execute onsite interviews for candidates
- Assist in planning external recruiting events (career fairs, hiring events etc.)
- Recommend and implement improvements to hiring process, both for internal stakeholders and candidates
- Conduct reference calls and work with internal teams to facilitate offer letters and background checks
- Assist with office-management tasks as needed
- A record of academic achievement (BA/BS required) and keen intellectual ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a variety of people
- Exemplary organizational skills and attention to detail
- High personal integrity and ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to multitask, manage priorities, and anticipate potential problems before they arise
- 1-2 years in a recruiting coordination or similar position
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.