We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we’ve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $3B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 36 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we’re not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup and others have invested over $150MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a detail-oriented Budget Analyst to join the Finance team. This person will assist with regular forecasting, budgeting process, budgetary control, cross-functional analysis and other projects. Additionally, the Analyst will help develop and leverage technology to identify and track KPIs and generate key reporting packages. As the firm continually builds-out and refines its financial infrastructure, this individual will be key in driving and maintaining new processes. The ideal candidate isn’t afraid to build something from scratch, takes pride in their work and operate well in whitespace.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and enhancing company-wide long-range, quarterly and monthly budget process, including the tracking of actual results vs. budget
- Partnering with key stakeholders to develop and maintain departmental budgets and appropriate metrics to measure success
- Building out dashboards and scalable reports to track KPIs and summarize Better’s financial condition to highlight key trends and variances
- Assisting in preparation of materials for Management, Board of Directors, prospective investors (due diligence) and other external parties
- Participate in meetings and calls with the Executive team and Finance team to discuss the Company’s financial performance and strategy
- Participate in cross-functional work to evaluate strategic initiatives and associated financial impacts and help to incorporate into financial plans
- Helping with any ad-hoc analyses and strategic projects determined by the needs of executive team
- 1-3 years of functional experience in an FP&A, budget, control or treasury
- BA / BS degree; major in finance, economics or accounting preferred
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Able to handle large volumes of data
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills
- Highly driven and detail-oriented
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We must use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we must do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.