We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we’ve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $3B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 36 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we’re not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, and others have invested over $150MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better Settlement Services (BSS) is a new venture within Better working to increase revenue and improve customer experience. By introducing the ability to provide title insurance to borrowers, BSS has helped Better get one step closer to realizing our vision of a unified homeownership experience.
This is an opportunity to play a critical, early role in developing this initiative by leading our expansion to Texas. The Escrow Manager will lead the development and implementation of BSS’ policies, processes and procedures for the state of Texas. This individual will also work collaboratively with the broader BSS team, as well as other stakeholders, to ideate continued growth opportunities for the venture. This is a dynamic position that offers the opportunity for a significant level of responsibility, creativity, and exposure.
Responsibilities will include:
- Examining title commitments for accuracy, including identifying any requirements, defects and exceptions and work to clear issues.
- Collaborating with our Closing team to manage the closing process, including obtaining payments due, disbursing funds to appropriate parties, and any follow-up necessary for transaction completion and issuance of policy.
- Interface with external parties as necessary, such as builders, real estate agents and attorneys.
- Provide best in class customer service to stakeholders and customers.
- You have a bachelor's degree, preferably in Business.
- You are a licensed Escrow Agent with 5+ years’ experience in the Texas title and real estate industries.
- You are a subject matter expert on all escrow processes (including Texas Title Insurance Procedural and Rate Rules) and are comfortable running escrow processes from start to finish.
- You have experience with ALTA best practices.
- You are a strong communicator, with top notch organization, time management, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- You are able to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment, and are comfortable troubleshooting problems as they arise.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.