We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we’ve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $3B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 36 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we’re not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup and others have invested over $150MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
The Better Marketing team is looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager with a strong background in product marketing and project management. Reporting to the Head of Product Marketing and working parallel to a Product Manager, this person will collaborate with our Product, Sales, and Marketing teams in all aspects of strategy, messaging, positioning, storytelling, go-to-market execution as well as campaign building and analysis. In addition to bringing customers in through the top-of-funnel advertising channels, you will be responsible for partnering strategically with the rest of the organization to make sure our customers receive the right sales messaging and contact points, product experience, life cycle marketing content, offers, and loan fulfillment experience to successfully fund a loan with Better.
You are passionate about meeting customers’ needs through creative storytelling and a strategic go-to market approach. This person will join a high-performing team in a fast-paced environment and will interact with people of all levels across departments. They’ll have the know-how to exercise discretion and professionalism while paying close attention to detail.
Responsibilities will include:
- Experience developing and executing marketing strategy successfully while collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus, with effective project management expertise
- Conduct research on the market, competition and customers to identify trends, pain points and opportunities for growth. Have a strong baseline understanding of why we win or lose customers
- Leverage customer insights to identify and target priority customers, with key messages, value propositions and ensure consistency at every stage of their journey with us
- Build a roadmap of ongoing, cross-channel, strategic marketing initiatives at a product line level
- Collaborate with the Product Manager in developing and executing product positioning and messaging
- Responsible for articulating and managing all of the tasks necessary to bring these campaigns to market and optimize the campaigns in market
- Define the user journey and customer communication touchpoints alongside the product managers, and marketing team and identify other relevant engagement and activation points to drive conversion
- 4-7 years in a product marketing manager (or related) role
- Bachelor’s degree
- Familiar with product marketing tactics (integrated marketing campaigns, SEO, digital advertising and social media marketing)
- Knowledge or experience working with real estate agents
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.