We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we’ve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $3B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 36 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we’re not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup and others have invested over $150MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
We have strong capital markets and tech advantages, and are working on evolving our digital product and human customer experiences. To drive our goals of capturing massive market share, our acquisition team is responsible for identifying audiences, using the right channels, campaigns and bids to acquire them, and managing our media spend across those channels with hawkish attention to performance. We call this role a trader because we expect far more strategic ingenuity and entrepreneurialism than a traditional media planning or buying role: media dollars and time spent negotiating are your investments and funded customers are your winning trades.
You are obsessive about performance, evaluating performance using data, and passionate about getting things done in concert with other groups, including data, creative, finance, and strategy. You view paid media as a racket to be arbitraged - you want to win and you’ll find all the loopholes, advantages, and clever strategies to win against players with 100x our media budget. You get that Better.com is the best solution for the end customer and you will fight with every tool you have to win for us and them.
You will have a successful track record of leadership, management, and executing on projects under short timelines. Together, we can shape the future of homeownership in America. It will be a fierce battle, but it will be rewarding.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creatively connect Better to new customers wherever performance leads you - building out and expanding new channels, or revolutionizing and refining existing channels - anything to help achieve company KPIs
- Test hypotheses by pulling data and performing analyses to monitor and evaluate performance
- Find, negotiate and work with new or existing data/media vendors
- Reporting and continuously improving visibility into channel performance
- Collaborate with creative, marketing and product teams to maximise customer acquisition, for example by delivering landing pages, marketing assets, and driving campaign performance.
You want to win. You are someone who loves finding opportunities that others miss. You can separate the signal from the noise, and approach things with a fresh perspective and open mind. You won't stop until you find a Better way.
- 3+ years in relevant roles
- In finance roles that required constant evaluation of new and different opportunities, with a desire to apply your skills to a new marketplace
- Or specifically in media trading (media buyer/marketing manager) type roles, with a keenly performance-driven outlook
- Strong analytical foundation, e.g. SQL or coding skills so you can get your hands dirty with data, and a quantitative mindset to analyse the results
- Entrepreneurial spirit, strong work ethic, and proven track record for taking initiative
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment where business needs are always changing
- Detail oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
Bonus points for:
- Experience in fintech or other start-up environments
- Experience with mortgages or other regulated consumer finance environments
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.