We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we’ve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $3B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 36 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we’re not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup and others have invested over $150MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
As the Senior Manager, Corporate Finance and Investor Relations, you will be responsible for a wide range of strategic finance activities including creating and maintaining investment materials for existing investors, prospective investors, and industry events and conferences. You will develop a deep understanding of our business and operating model in order to communicate our performance and plans, both inside the firm and externally. Additionally, you will support senior management and business unit leaders through producing financial analysis and forecasts supporting our overall corporate strategy and performance goals. You'll have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and will build relationships across the firm and with key external parties.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Company and consistently update and improve all financial and investor communication - including our Company teaser, Company overview presentation and investor materials
- Analyze data and partner across the organization to prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reporting deliverables, including investor update materials, Board materials, conference call scripts, Q&A, and any other supplemental materials
- Participate in meetings and calls with the Executive team, Finance Team and investors to discuss the Company’s financial performance and strategy
- Play a key role in planning, orchestrating, and preparing presentation materials for conferences and other external audiences
- Assist in the fundraising process, including creating and managing investor materials and responses to due diligence requests; track details of communication with existing and prospective investors
- Evaluate M&A and investment opportunities (both inbound and externally sourced) across our product vertical and beyond, including evaluation, financing and structuring
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis for Board or senior management, including financial models as needed
- Monitor industry developments, market trends and valuation and activity of publicly traded and private comparable companies
- Actively participate and provide support in the forecasting/planning process
- 4+ years of functional experience in a corporate finance, investor relations or investment banking
- BA / BS degree; major in finance, economics, accounting or mathematics preferred
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Ability to convey strategic and financial messages in written materials, presentations, financial models and data analysis
- You have excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- You are highly adaptable, and able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments.
- Leadership minded, with ability to adapt to dynamic, quick-pace environment
- Ability to think creatively on a macro and micro level
- Humble, highly driven and detail-oriented
- Passionate about blending technology and finance
- Knowledge of SQL and Tableau is a plus
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.