We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $375 million in home loans per month
- We’ve funded more than $4 billion in loans since our inception in 2016
- We’re #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a Closing Associate to join our team in Charlotte, North Carolina. You will work cross collaboratively with many parties, including borrowers, external institutions, and other Better teams.
Beyond producing high quality loans, our goal is to build a product that will ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America. With offices in New York, Costa Mesa, San Francisco, and Gurgaon, we are quickly expanding in order deliver a delightful borrower experience through a combination of technology and people.
You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team and play a critical role in delivering on the Better mission.
Responsibilities will include:
- Guiding our borrowers through every step of their closing experience.
- Preparing and reviewing closing documents and disclosures for mortgage loan closings with particular attention to detail.
- Working with various third parties to ensure a smooth and efficient closing experience for our borrowers.
- Being outspoken about ways in which we can improve our borrower experience; we value your feedback!
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business.
- 1-2 years of experience.
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Excel preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Humility and accountability.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.