We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we’ve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $3B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 36 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we’re not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, and others have invested over $150MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Customer experience is not something that companies typically care about in our industry - at Better, it is core to our business. We’re building a world-class customer service organization - one that combines highly effective processes and systems with a customer experience that people will rave about.
We are looking for someone to scale and oversee our customer engagement team. The ideal candidate for this role has a proven track record and passion for creating fantastic customer experiences. Someone who knows what world-class customer service looks like, and who is itching to be the driving force behind an amazing customer success team. This role will be instrumental in shaping the customer engagement team, its policies, processes and ongoing growth.
Responsibilities will include:
- Building and managing a team of 30+ customer engagement specialists
- Developing and implementing processes and procedures for customer engagement team
- Managing, coaching and training individual specialists and managers
- Define and own inbound engagement experience including but not limited to:
- Call routing
- Call transfer and qualifying
- Customer escalations and complaints
Bonus points for:
- Prior experience working at fast-growing start-up
- Prior experience in hospitality
- 7+ years of experience in hospitality, customer delight or success
- 3+ years of management experience
- High empathetic and customer centric
- A proven leader and mentor
- Strong bias-to-action, as well as a strong sense of practicality and effectiveness
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Highly adaptable, and able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.