We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $375 million in home loans per month
- We’ve funded more than $4 billion in loans since our inception in 2016
- We’re #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey.
A Better opportunity
Help us hack a thirteen trillion dollar industry by building a product that will allow more people than the status quo to own a home and build wealth rather than rent for life.
As a Senior Product Manager at Better, you will play a pivotal role in driving that innovation. You will work closely with amazingly talented engineers, designers, data scientists and others throughout the company. Your role will be the glue that holds that cross-functional effort together from start to finish.
Straddling the line between high-level strategy and hands-on execution, you are well versed in product and business strategy; capable of communicating deftly about technical topics; and passionate about the importance of design in elevating customer experiences.
Responsibilities will include:
- Defining roadmap of your product area through deep research and understanding of business goals.
- Bringing your solutions to market through ownership of full product development process: problem identification, solution design, spec,implementation and validation.
- Managing competing priorities with consistency and transparency. Collaborating well with partners throughout the company to ensure feature adoption and success.
- You’ve worked for 5-8 years in a product management capacity at a technology-driven organization.
- You’re an analytical, metrics-driven thinker who is deeply empathetic and leads with a user-centered approach.
- You have a history of listening to users, understanding their needs and creating improvements to meet those needs.
- You learn new technologies quickly and can comfortably and effectively discuss the tradeoffs and benefits of various approaches with your engineering peers.
- You’re committed to collaboration and able to work well with other business units to build iterative solutions that continuously deliver value.
- You have a proven track record of entering a new space and building expertise rapidly.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.