We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $375 million in home loans per month
- We’ve funded more than $4 billion in loans since our inception in 2016
- We’re #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Our loan consultant team continually questions, innovates and iterates on how to bring best-in-class service to the homebuying journey. As part of the team, you’ll be on the front lines of making every borrower’s home buying experience better, empowering them to make one of the most important financial decisions of their life.
You will be the first point of contact for potential borrowers, learning about their financing needs and educating them on how Better can be part of their home buying journey. Your work will expose you to other critical pieces of a technology company, such as product, engineering, and marketing, giving you many opportunities to share customer insights and ultimately improve Better's core technology and message.This position will require sophisticated interaction with both the software that we’re building and the clients we’re serving.
Responsibilities will include:
- Function as the primary driver of personal engagement with prospective borrowers that have completed a 3-minute, digital pre-approval application
- Reach out to prospective borrowers via phone, email and text to gain an understanding of their needs and educate them on Better’s value proposition
- Prospect and identify potential borrowers to contact
- Contribute to the design and delivery of messaging and re-targeting campaigns
- Work with Loan Consultants to convert qualified leads to customers
- Represent the borrower’s voice in collaborative improvement efforts with ops, tech, product, and marketing
- Guide prospective home shoppers through the home buying process and help them finance their dream home
- Enthusiastic about ensuring a great consumer experience
- Self-motivated, competitive against your own personal goals Ability to think critically and creatively to solve complex problems
- A go-getter, scrappy & creative thinker
- High degree of personal integrity and work ethic
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience working in a start up and/or fast-paced environment
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.