We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we’ve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $3B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 36 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we’re not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, and others have invested over $150MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
We’re building a world-class sales organization - one that combines highly effective sales processes and systems with a customer experience that people will rave about. The right person for this role is an experienced Sales Operations leader who is able to both operate strategically at 10,000 ft and execute tactically at 10 ft. Someone who knows what world-class sales and customer experience looks like, and who is itching to be the driving force behind an amazing sales team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Driving sales strategy and strategic initiatives in partnership with Head of Sales
- Distilling core sales insights leveraging a highly data-driven and analytical approach with an eye towards actionable next steps that move the needle
- Developing core management systems across sales including but not limited to:
- Reporting and KPI tracking
- Audits and training
- Change management
- Complaints management
- Team engagement
- Enabling organizational development of sales including but not limited to org structure, compensation / incentives, leadership succession
- Oversee and develop sales operations/enablement team, with functions including but not limited to:
- Training/learning and development
- Sales communication
- Data analysis
- Sales tools/process
- Manage the evaluation and interpretation of sales data to identify trends and convert insights into actionable sales processes and tactics
- Define, own and manage sales team operating procedures
Bonus points for:
- Prior experience working at fast-growing start-up
- Prior experience in a sales role
- 7+ years of experience in sales operations or management consulting with at least 3 years of management experience
- Highly structured thinker with the ability to methodically break down complex issues into various parts but also understand how those various parts interact with one another
- Strong quantitative background in data analysis and modeling (Familiarity with SQL and/or Tableau)
- Strong bias-to-action, as well as a strong sense of practicality and effectiveness
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Highly adaptable, and able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.