We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we’ve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $3B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 36 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we’re not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, and others have invested over $150MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Secondary Markets sits within our Capital Markets team, which is Better.com’s primary revenue generator. With oversight of pricing, trading, hedging, financing, servicing and securitization the team is deeply involved in strategic decision making. The Secondary Markets section of the team is responsible for maximizing our gains on loan sales by working with diverse investors such as agencies, national banks, community banks, and REITs. We are looking for a proactive, strategic, detail oriented person to help manage our loan sale process as our funding volume continues to grow. This individual will work alongside our Secondary Markets leadership to to trade and hedge our loan book without error. As the Associate's subject matter knowledge deepens, they will take on more responsibility for analytical projects to continuously enhance our execution model.
- You have 1-2 years of experience in fixed income/loan markets, or a quantitative degree.
- You have a strong interest in financial markets.
- You are a logical thinker and can synthesize disorganized data into concise frameworks.
- You are analytically skilled, and can work magic with SQL, Excel, and other tools.
- You work efficiently and with a strong attention to detail, ensuring that we never have to compromise speed or accuracy.
- You are a clear communicator, capable of articulating your findings in a digestible way to multiple audiences.
- You promote team work and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
Things We Value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Market Savvy. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership and mortgages...this won’t work
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave theconversation and build it.