We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
The Real Estate Business Operations Manager will focus specifically on growing the newly launched real estate business at Better. The Real Estate company is responsible for identifying ways to simplify the home buying journey by creating seamless real estate agent interaction and providing customer support for home discovery.
Customers interested in this offering have grown 6X since the beginning of the year, and volume is continuing to grow at a tremendous pace. As an early member of this business, you will play a vital role in shaping the strategy and operations for our real estate offering. You will wear many hats and work collaboratively with stakeholders across the org to influence and execute sales, operations, marketing and product strategy for our real estate venture. Some examples of past projects include:
- Implementing and managing nation-wide real estate agent distribution network
- Building out a first-of-its-kind customer and agent outreach team
- Designing and implementing of multi-channel customer outreach strategy
As part of the Real Estate team, you will play a pivotal role in helping to shape and build out this business. You can expect to actively contribute in the following ways:
- Identify, prioritize and solve ongoing business requirements for a rapidly growing company
- Gather and analyze information to generate actionable insights
- Monitor our external environment (e.g., market conditions, competitive pressures, regulatory landscape) and derive implications for the business
- Drive alignment on priorities across key business functions (e.g., operations, product, marketing, capital markets, corporate) through our strategic planning and OKR cycles
- Lead end-to-end execution on major, cross-functional real estate initiatives
- You are a strong performer with at least 4-5 years of experience in business operations / management consulting at a top-tier firm
- You are action oriented and have a strong sense of practicality and effectiveness
- You have strong data analysis, data modeling, slide writing and presentation skills; SQL experience strongly preferred
- You’ve worked previously with an early-stage company / have tangible experience building something from the ground up
- You have excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- You are highly adaptable, and able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, computer science or information system
Things We Value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Market Savvy. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.