We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, we’ve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees and days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a Software Engineer in Test to work within a product team. The ideal candidate takes pride in their work, is a quality evangelist, and thrives in a collaborative environment. This is primarily an automated testing role, and a chance to learn and improve your test automation skills using cutting edge techniques. The test team is currently small, but has big plans, which you can directly contribute to.
- Test automation tools include Selenium, Pytest and Jest; with Browserstack for cross browser and Zalenium for our Selenium grid
- On the frontend we use Ember, React, and Sass.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support a product team to determine the fitness of features for release by performing exploratory and context driven manual testing
- Become a subject matter expert for your area of the product
- Identify gaps in automated test coverage and fill them with automated tests. Use the knowledge gained during manual testing to inform what should be automated.
- Evangelize for quality within the team
- Some possible projects include extending visual testing for our component library, enhancing our mobile testing, speeding up the tests that run within continuous delivery, or building contract tests over our microservices.
- Prior professional experience in a testing role which includes automation testing
- Ability to see the big picture from the user perspective. In particular, experience testing a consumer product is preferred.
- You are detailed, organized, and inquisitive
- You are interested in inspecting code to inform testing
- Some experience with shell scripting and helping to maintain a continuous integration environment is a bonus
- Have a desire for continuous learning. In particular, interested in learning more about test automation
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.