We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we’ve:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
And we’re not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, and others have invested over $150MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a Software Engineer in Test to work within one of our product teams. The ideal candidate takes pride in their work, is a quality evangelist, and thrives in a collaborative environment. This is primarily an automated testing role, and a chance to learn and improve your test automation skills using cutting edge techniques. The test team is currently small, but has big plans, which you can directly contribute to.
- Test automation tools include Selenium, Pytest and Jest; with Browserstack for cross browser and Zalenium for our Selenium grid
- On the frontend we use Ember, React, and Sass.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support a product team to determine the fitness of features for release by performing exploratory and context driven manual testing
- Become a subject matter expert for your area of the product
- Identify gaps in automated test coverage and fill them with automated tests. Use the knowledge gained during manual testing to inform what should be automated.
- Evangelize for quality within the team
- Some possible projects include extending visual testing for our component library, enhancing our mobile testing, speeding up the tests that run within continuous delivery, or building contract tests over our microservices.
- Prior professional experience in a testing role which includes automation testing
- Ability to see the big picture from the user perspective. In particular, experience testing a consumer product is preferred.
- You are detailed, organized, and inquisitive
- You are interested in inspecting code to inform testing
- Some experience with shell scripting and helping to maintain a continuous integration environment is a bonus
- Have a desire for continuous learning. In particular, interested in learning more about test automation
- You are excited about working for a fast growing start up and the opportunity to develop your skills in testing, software engineering and beyond!