We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we’ve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $2B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 35 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we’re not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Under the direct supervision of the General Counsel, this position primarily supports the Compliance function at Better Mortgage. A successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that we meet the requirements necessary to maintain our licenses to lend and will work directly with our strategic partners to manage the investigation and resolution of consumer complaints. The role also includes assisting the Legal and Compliance teams with special projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage incoming customer inquiries and complaints, while providing troubleshooting support and advice that is timely, professional, friendly, and accurate
- Collaborate and partner cross-functionally and communicate effectively to ensure all stakeholders have the information they need to resolve any borrower issues
- Coordinate with our Legal Team on daily business operations including state examination support, policies and procurement management, and legal research assistance
- Work closely with our Compliance Team on special projects including investor due diligence
- Support management of compliance concerns and assist with internal investigations as appropriate
Bonus points for:
- Previous mortgage origination experience
- Previous paralegal experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 to 2 years’ experience working in a legal or corporate environment interfacing with upper management
- High attention to detail and are extremely organized.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Works well with others
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to think critically and creatively to solve complex consumer problems and put them in contact with the right people
- Experience working in a customer service environment and interacting with different clients
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.