We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we’ve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $2B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 35 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we’re not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
We have always been a company focused on D2C. Better is now just months away from launching our first strategic partnership with a Top 10 U.S. bank where we will provide our first white-label solution.
Better is looking for a mortgage expert, who is equally proud of their mortgage expertise as they are dedicated to customer satisfaction and delivering results. This individual will lead the operations team for this partnership in a high visibility role. This position is the first of its kind within Better, and the strategy and design for this team will be replicated in future partnerships. This person will own OKRs visible to the entire company, have direct and frequent interaction with the CEO, and will be in direct communication with our partner’s senior leadership team. This role is more entrepreneurial than most, as you will be encouraged to create radical new ways to improve processes, hit metrics, and provide solutions for our partner’s pain points.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the development of a world class mortgage fulfillment organization including hiring, process design, product evolution and operational execution.
- Drive the rapid iteration of operating processes to generate maximum value for Better, its partners and our mutual customers.
- Own and report on progress for an Objectives and Key Results focused on exceeding our partner’s volume, customer experience, and quality SLAs. You will also work closely with cross functional teams to achieve these outcomes.
- You have 10+ years of mortgage experience with 5+ years of management experience in residential mortgage origination.
- You start with “yes” and do whatever it takes to deliver results and to accommodate both our customers and our strategic partner.
- You are an excellent manager and leader who has recently managed and grown teams of 10-100 people.
- You are dynamic in your leadership: you can operate at both 50,000 and 500 ft.
- You are excellent at navigating varying contexts and wearing different hats: manager, customer service expert, and client relationship manager.
- You are able to represent our brand to the country’s largest banks and financial institutions.
- You are highly diligent, responsive, and proactive. You don’t let emails go unanswered for over a day.
- You are always thinking of ways to improve processes and systems, and you’re not afraid to fight for those changes and debate trade offs.
- You share the values of low ego, debate and decide, true teamwork, doing whatever it takes to win, and are motivated by challenge.
- You are excited by the opportunity to personally, dramatically improve one of the most stressful and uncertain processes millions of Americans experience each year.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.