We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we’ve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $3B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 36 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we’re not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup and others have invested over $150MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
The Real Estate Team at Better is responsible for identifying ways to simplify the home buying journey by creating seamless real estate agent interaction and providing customer support for home discovery. We are a new team with Better and are looking for entrepreneurs with strong operational capabilities, business acumen and a “get stuff done” mentality.
As part of the team, you’ll be on the front lines as the first point of contact for potential borrowers. Your role is to provide the framework for Better’s customer-centric approach throughout the home buying process and build strong relationships with our clients. This position allows you the opportunity to build on your communication and relationship building skills while working directly with our customers and cross-functionally within the different departments of the Real Estate Team.
Your work will expose you to other critical pieces of a technology company, such as product, engineering, and marketing, giving you many opportunities to share customer insights and ultimately improve Better's core technology and message.
Responsibilities will include:
- Engaging with directly with prospective leads
- Working with Loan Consultant Associates to build a pipeline of customers
- Building relationships with real estate agents across the country
- Guiding pre-approved borrowers through their home buying process
- Providing the best customer experience possible. We do not take a “sales” approach
- Engage with and respond to customers via SMS/text message
- Maximizing conversion of the leads provided to you
- Desire to help each consumer with the most important financial transaction of their life
- Ability to think critically and problem solve complex scenarios
- High degree of integrity and work ethic
- Bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s program
- Desire to crush it
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.