We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we’ve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $3B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 36 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we’re not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, and others have invested over $150MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for an Insurance Operations Associate to join our newly formed insurance entity, Better Cover. You are going to be instrumental in the development of a profitable, national, multi-line insurance entity.
More than that, you will be responsible for helping us create and implement an industry leading customer-first experience. You’ll be given a lot of responsibility early on: your ambition, ability to juggle multiple priorities, and high attention to detail will be crucial to your success on this team
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized communicator who consistently makes sound decisions while maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment. You will be interacting directly with customers and policyholders via phone, email, and text to ensure they have the best possible experience with Better Cover. We are looking for individuals who build rapport quickly, organize themselves and others through clear frameworks, and bring positive “can-do” energy to their work and team.
This is an early-stage role. The work you will do on day 1 may be radically different than the work you will be doing on day 100. If that sounds exciting, then we want you.
Responsibilities will include:
- Talk with Better borrowers and other interested insurance customers on the phone, or via email/text, and help them get the homeowners' insurance policy that fits best for them
- Providing our customers with a delightful and supportive experience is our top priority. As the customer’s advocate, you will work directly with Better engineering and product to help shape the future of the Better Cover product. Your voice and insights, always supported by a strong data-driven foundation, will help guide our customer experience on day 1
- Build and maintain relationships with our Insurance partners in order to create the strongest possible integrations with a national network of carriers
- Collaborate with operations, engineering, product, and marketing across the entire Better company portfolio on ways in which we can improve as the voice of the customer
- World class verbal and written communication skills
- 1-2 years of experience in a customer facing position
- An analytical mindset and spreadsheet/Excel skills are a definite plus
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a demonstrated track record of skills acquisition
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.