We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we’ve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $2B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 35 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we’re not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Marketplace Development sits within the Capital Markets team at Better. This team is the revenue generation engine for the company and is deeply involved in strategic decision making, particularly in the form of discovering and implementing new loan programs.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and strategic thinker to help develop and maintain our pricing and eligibility systems. These systems are a core component of Better.com, touching each loan hundreds of times during the process. The Marketplace Development Associate will work alongside our Director of Capital Markets and our Product Management team to optimize this system, which sorts through tens of thousands of rules in order to match borrowers with the best-priced, most appropriate product.
Responsibilities will include:
- Being a builder: Do you get excited about learning complex systems, and even more excited at the thought of building one?
- Monitoring and optimizing: Can you implement checks and balances to make sure a system consistently arrives at the right outcome?
- Getting into the weeds: Are you willing to develop deep subject matter expertise in mortgage rules and regulations to build a compliant system?
- Scaling yourself and your role: Let’s work our way to a future state where our systems make the eligibility decisions for us.
- You are analytical, logical, and able to synthesize disorganized data into concise frameworks.
- You have a background in engineering (software or otherwise) or finance.
- You have some exposure (side projects count!) to working with APIs, and understand how software can communicate with other software.
- You are energized by fast-paced environments and are able to maintain composure when faced with ambiguity.
Things We Value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Market Savvy. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.