We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we’ve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $2B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 35 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we’re not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
We’re looking for a Sales Trainer who can develop learning materials, deliver trainings, and structure capability-building routines for our sales team. We want someone who can help us train and develop our team of awesome salespeople while ensuring we stay true to our core customer-first values. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) training new Loan Consultants, coaching our sales team and managers, developing job aids and tools, and bringing sales expertise to conversations about how our team operates.
- You’re an expert on inside sales best practices and processes – you can diagnose issues with sales practices and lead holistic efforts to improve them
- You’re an experienced capability-builder – you’ve developed and led your own sales trainings to new and seasoned salespeople
- You’re excited about change management and have experience driving new sales practices across teams of 100+ salespeople
- You’re an expert on identifying specific development areas for salespeople and managers and coaching them to their strengths
- You can work cross-functionally, developing sales practices informed by messaging and tactics from marketing and operations departments
- You’re already excited about the idea of talking mortgages all day, every day.
- You can work self-sufficiently, as necessary.
- 3-5 years experience in a Sales or L&D role
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement sales capability-building programs that incorporate organizational goals and adult learning principles
- Facilitation skills, with a proven track record of being able to both deliver trainings to large groups and coach individuals 1:1
- Change management acumen - ability to coordinate with multiple stakeholders and drive new motions across a sales organization
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.