We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we’ve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $2B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 35 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we’re not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a Product Manager to help the company navigate through our ongoing growth. Straddling the line between high-level strategy and hands-on execution, you are well versed in product and business strategy; capable of communicating deftly about technical topics; and respectful of the importance of design in elevating customer experiences. You’ll work collaboratively with a team of senior engineers, designers, data scientists, marketers, and business strategists to optimize our current products, as well as build new ones from white space.
Responsibilities will include:
- Defining roadmap through deep research and understanding of business goals.
- Bringing your solutions to market through ownership of full product development process: identification, solution design, spec and implementation, validation.
- Monitoring metrics to validate solutions and inform future iteration.
- Managing competing priorities with consistency and transparency.
- You’ve worked for 3-5+ years in a product capacity at a consumer facing technology startup.
- You’re an analytical, metrics-driven thinker who is deeply empathetic and leads with a user-centered approach.
- You’re committed to collaboration and able to work well with other business units to build iterative solutions that continuously deliver value.
- You have a proven track record of entering a new space and building expertise rapidly.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.