We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we’ve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $3B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 36 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we’re not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, and others have invested over $150MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better is on the lookout for an Executive Assistant Generalist to act as the right hand to our executives. In this role, you'll be assisting with various day-to-day commitments, helping to navigate priorities, anticipating needs, and keeping our executives on schedule with their meetings.
We are looking for someone who is excited about working with a high performing team in a fast-paced environment. This person should be able to exercise discretion when handling confidential information and pay close attention to detail in tackling administrative functions.
- Excellent communication skills and not afraid to ask questions when you need help
- Capable of delivering best-in-class service (this person will be interfacing with a lot of external stakeholders)
- Enjoys learning and can quickly get up to speed on any topic
- Extremely organized, strong attention to detail
- Ability to think outside of the box in difficult situations: giving up is never an option
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
- Bachelor's degree required
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.