We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better is on the lookout for an Executive Assistant to act as the right hand to our executives. In this role, you'll be assisting with various day-to-day commitments, helping to navigate priorities, anticipating needs, and keeping our executives on schedule with their meetings.
We are looking for someone who is excited about working with a high performing team in a fast-paced environment. We are expanding upon our EA team and require additions who are comfortable with variability in their personal responsibilities, and are tried and true team members. This person must exercise discretion when handling confidential information and pay close attention to detail in tackling administrative functions.
- Excellent communication skills and not afraid to ask questions when you need help
- Capable of delivering best-in-class service (this person will be interfacing with a lot of external stakeholders)
- Enjoys learning and can quickly get up to speed on any topic
- Extremely organized, strong attention to detail
- Ability to think outside of the box in difficult situations; giving up is never an option
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
- Bachelor's degree required
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.