We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, we’ve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees and days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better is on the lookout for a Personal Assistant and Child Care Expert to assist our executive team. We need someone who can make sure everything is running smoothly, whether that involves running to the post office to get a package shipped or watching children so our team can attend an extremely important work event, this person will be integral in making other’s lives easier. This person should be extremely organized, proactive, quick on their feet and enjoy working with children.
This role will entail a weekday schedule of 8:30am-6:30pm regularly with the ability to work late as needed if there is something that needs to get taken care of. This person will also function as back up childcare when other nannies are sick or on vacation (2 weeks per year). The ideal candidate enjoys children and would be happy to help watch the kids for even a week or two if, for example, the CEO’s nanny had a personal emergency and needed to take a leave. This person may also be asked to assist with back up childcare for a few other executives during critical times.
The ideal candidate will be a highly-organized, outgoing communicator capable of delivering best-in-class service, while maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment.
- At least 2 years experience working successfully in a personal assistant or customer-facing role of some kind
- Prior experience in teaching or child care with a genuine love for children, as the assistant will be highly involved in helping the CEO optimize his personal calendar, including assisting with making arrangements with the family’s childcare and school commitments and serving as backup childcare when needed.
- Excellent communication skills and not afraid to ask questions when you need help
- Enjoys learning and can quickly get up to speed on any topic
- Extremely organized, strong attention to detail
- Ability to think outside of the box in difficult situations
- Bachelor's degree required with strong academic performance (ideally 3.5+ GPA and above)
- Looking for a minimum 2-year commitment and ideally a long-term role
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.